Sunday, December 23, 2012

Turmoil- Tender Urgency Requires More Open-nses In Love

I begin writing the day before Christmas eve, because I know I will be busy with the festivities tomorrow. I write during a time  of confusing trials and a time of wonderful blessings. This past week home, a lot of things have happened.
1. A High school student brought a gun, to my old high school, where my mother, and sister were. Nothing happened because of the amazing faculty.
2. A friend of mine decided to take her own life at the age of 18.
Needless to say there have been many things going on that are scary, and very painful. All I can say is Life can be very upsetting and difficult sometimes. It can be down right hard, and terrible to overcome.
This is what makes me so very grateful for the church's influence in my life. Had I not the knowledge of eternity, and the protection that the priesthood gives I would be at an utter lost of words right now. It would be so much harder to want to try and push through. There is so much deceit and hurt in the world today, that we sometimes forget the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us. I know for myself I have the blessing of a wonderful family who supports me and wants me to succedde and wants me to continue preparing for a mission. I sometimes wonder if they want me to go just so they can get blessings for themselves.. How jealous! ;) I also have been blessed with dear friends who support me. Point of this post.. Life can be hard and full of turmoil but I know without a shadow of a doubt that has long as you put the lifestyle of the gospel at the fore front on your life you will be blessed, if not now, in the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment