Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Friendship comes in lots of ways

Today I was reminded of what good friendship, and christlike love really is. As I began to finish my homework prior to finals week, I realized that friendship comes in ways unexpected sometimes. For example, a friend allowed me to come over and watch a movie for a class, on her computer, on her netflix account prior to her going on a date. Now I just thought she was being a thoughtful person, but once there, she gladly exclaimed, " You must help me pick out an outfit, and would you do my hair??" So we sat and watched the movie together, as I helped her get all glamified for a date, and I hope that it goes well tonight!! :)
    In a talk given by Thomas S. Monson, he clearly states what matters most. And that thing is surrounding yourself with people who you think are important and who you value. It is  never too late to send a short note to a friend, or call your parents to just say hello. I believe that those things help mold anyone into a better human being. These actions help people see the light of Christ through you. How important that really is and no one will ever know until they themsleves receive this kindness. How it gladdens ones heart. :) Life is way too short to be continually gropping and whinning about yourself. Get out there and do something for someone else!! Write a sweet stickie note and put on the fridge for a spouse, or son or daughter. Send a text to someone you haven't heard from recently..
Be a good person and reach out to others.. as much as you feel you need it, they need it ten times more.
What Matters Most

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment