Friday, December 7, 2012

Just the Beginning..

This morning I put on my warm coat, warm ear head band, and walked out the front door. As I opened the main door to the complex, the brisk wind, sent a shock to my face, and sent me running back into the warm building. I thought for a moment, " do I really need to go to class today..?? wouldn't the professor understand that I had to walk in 30* weather!! Wouldn't he be alright if I made the assignment up?" I immediately felt disappointed in myself..  I mean come on Camille!! I am a Wyoming girl!! Cold wind is my middle name!! I Took a deep breath of warm air and pushed through the terrible freezing, cold, and bitter wind. And to my surprise I actually made it to campus without losing a toe, or an ear...  More than anything I felt a sense of accomplishment. Heck yes, I just conquered the Idaho morning Freeze!!
     Now the best way I can link this experience to Mission preparation is through having the Lord on my side. As much as I prepare myself through having the armor of God: scripture study, and prayers I will have have the courage and faith to push through. This means I cant allow myself to become so scared by the wind and the bitter cold that I stay inside. I have to push through, because I have the confidence in myself, as well as the faith in my Heavenly Father to share the gospel. Once again, I have been so blessed... and cannot wait to get all my papers in!!
* Papers officially Started Yesterday :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment